Week 2 is in the books, and like a head lice infestation, the injury bug is running rampant across the NFL! WATO is here to give you some information on the pickups you should make heading in to week 3. So, let’s get in to it, here’s our week 3 waiver article!
1. Jaylen Samuels: James Connor left last game with a knee injury. It has come out already that the injury is not considered serious, but if Samuels is on the wire go get him! We saw last year when Connor began to break down how Samuels became more involved. He is an elite handcuff to own, and if Connor’s knee causes him to miss time, he’s a top 15 running back.
2. Frank Gore: The ultimate fountain of youth! We saw Gore find the endzone this week against the Giants and he has led the team in touches the last two weeks. Devin Singletary left the contest with a hamstring injury and TJ Yeldon was an afterthought. If you are desperate at running back, you could do worse than Gore who plays Cincinnati next week.
3. Darwin Thompson: Both Damien Williams and LeSean McCoy left with injuries in week two. We all saw what Thompson is capable of in the preseason and it is highly likely that he is on the wire after the McCoy signing. If he gets a chance, he will produce in that offense. Don’t wait until he blows up to get him on your team.
4. Demarcus Robinson: Any wide receiver in the Chiefs offense is going to produce. We talked about Robinson in our breakout players article this summer. With Hill out, Robinson provides that veteran leadership on the field and has developed a trust with Mahomes. They have a tough matchup this week with Baltimore, but he will be involved.
5. Mecole Hardman: The guy has elite speed and he put that on display Sunday. He is playing in the Hill role and even had a touchdown called back in the game. Both Robinson and Hardman offer great upside and flex worthy consideration from owners in any format.
6. Deebo Samuel: Dante Pettis who? Samuel is electric and put up a great week two with 87 yards receiving and a touchdown. We saw in the preseason flashes of what Samuel can do, and it looks like he has the trust of Jimmy G. If you are a Pettis owner, drop him for Samuel at this point.
Some other names to check out:
Josh Allen, Jimmy Garoppolo, Terry McLaurin, Nelson Agholor, Carlos Hyde, DJ Chark, Will Dissly, Raheem Mostert, James Washington, Devin Smith, Daniel Jones, D’Ernest Johnson.